UDVAR-HAZY SCHOOL OF BUSINESS (UHSB) ACCREDITATION
UHSB programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). ACBSP is the only global accrediting body which accredits business programs at the associate, baccalaureate, and graduate degree levels. Its membership extends to more than 60 countries, more than 1,200 member campuses and 13,000 individual members.
ACBSP’s accreditation process follows the Baldrige model. The accreditation focuses on recognizing teaching excellence, determining student learning outcomes, and a continuous improvement model. ACBSP’s student-centered teaching and learning approach, which is measured and analyzed for quality, ensures that students gain the right skills from their educational investment. Institutions with programs accredited by ACBSP are committed to continuous improvement that ensures their business program will give students the skills employers want.
The UHSB and its faculty are also members of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). AACSB’s mission is to foster engagement, accelerate innovation, and amplify impact in business education. It connects educators, students, and business to achieve a common goal: to create the next generation of great leaders. AACSB provides quality assurance, business education intelligence, and professional development services to over 1,500 member organizations and more than 785 accredited business schools worldwide.
Programs that are ACBSP accredited:
The following Udvar-Hazy School of Business programs are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP):
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Finance
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Management Information Systems Emphasis
Programs that are in the process of becoming ACBSP accredited:
The programs are listed as “in accreditation candidacy” because they have not been in place for two years with graduates.
- Master of Accountancy (Est. 2018)
- BS Information Systems & Analytics (Est. 2017)
- BA/BS Marketing (Est. 2019)
- Certificate in Retail Management (Est. 2018)
- Certificate in Entrepreneurship (Est. 2017)
Degrees, emphases excluded from ACBSP accreditation:
- BA/BS in Integrated Studies with emphases in Marketing and Management (under the direction of the Integrated Studies Department)
- AAS General Technology, Business emphasis (Est. 2011), replaces the AAS in Operations Management and is excluded from ACBSP accreditation because it is a transfer program from the Applied Technology College.